Name:
Location: mumbai, India

Monday, May 01, 2006

Darna Zaroori Hai and Airport

For all those thinking what is the connection between an airport and the movie darna zaroori hai, 1stly this is not “an” airport…this is the novel “AIRPORT” by Arthur Hailey.

So it was a Sunday night when our dabba was cancelled( we seriously wait for such nights when she doesn’t give dabba cos that gives us a chance to spend a fortune (200 bucks only on eating!!) without us being notoriously callled as extravagent spoilt brats). For all those who think that 200 bucks n extravagance…I must b kidding…then ask my close friends wat does 200 bucks mean to me!!!

At 10.10 we ordered our pizzas and the last show of DZH was at 10.45 pm. Will we make it? Was a sheer test of my time management skills…and yes after a meal for two plus a medium pizza(hmm..my tongue is dripping..) we were done by 10.35 pm..n then finally at th nick of time, I reached DZH’s last show. For all those who havnt seen the movie yet and still are interested, I ll not reveal anything…but after the movie finished..john said “horrible!!! I ll give it –1 star” n I was like “no…it was worth 3 stars cos I think the story of bipasha basu had some class and the story directed by chekravarty(satya’s hero) was also watchable. Mallika sherawat was a pleasant change and was very decent, to say the least…amit jee was wasted n to think that of all the stories, ram gopal varma decided to directed this boring piece. Sunil shetty’s story cud have been dealt with more finesse. But my reason for giving it 3 stars is at least someone had the balls to make a different movie, not a run of the mill type of the movie.. agreed that moviemakers like homi, aparna sen do make different movies, what makes RGV to have an edge over these filmmakers are the box office collections. Frankly, I was surprised to see the multiplex jammed full on Sunday night. This is my first movie in mumbai where I have seen such a crowd..perhaps, I think that if this movie would have got a U certificate, it would have been a hit…at least, the kids would have been scared seeing this otherwise dull movie. I also wanted to see how is sajid khan as a director…well his story was agreed monotonous but the ending of the movie did manage to get an ovation from us the audience..so for him, in all and all his effort was not wasted.”

I compared this movie to Airport for my own reasons. At pizza hut, I decided that if I ll not make it to the movie, I have this novel to finish…I wanted to see what amongst the two turns out to be better..i had read “Wheels” by the same author and frankly due to all the technical stuff (an employee of Tata Motors would have enjoyed it more).. I didn’t find it very enjoyable..it was okay dokay..but this Airport had my interest right from the first page..and I had left the novel at a very interesting stage…a stowaway(for dumbasses a stowaway is a person who fools the airport people and manages to board a flight without any ticket….and I thought that its only possible on trains), a psycho bankrupt(who has a dynamite bomb in his attache case n he wants to get insurance of 300 million by bombing the flight), a pilot who has made a stewardess pregnant (how to convey that abortion is the best move for both of them without offending and hurting her sentiments)…and down on the airport, its chief head (whose marriage is at the brink of break-up ), an ex-chief(who helds himself responsible for a crash some years back and has not come out of his guilt yet). I was just praying when I left my very interesting novel in the midst of all these complexities that I hope it doesn’t turn out to be anti-climactic. And man, was it superb…the bankrupt psycho did manage to bomb the plane…for what follows next, read the novel. I bet u ll enjoy it….and now I m dying to read “HOTEL” again by arthur hailey.

One foot note…Arthur Hailey’s both novels have a striking familiarity in terms of wives of high-post executives finding solace in other men’s company since their husbands have work as their first wife…will it happen to me also?? No chance…I pray so…

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachit said...

john...dun kid...remember how u 1st called DZH crap n then elevated its status by saying its better than My wife's murder

1:26 AM  
Blogger Rachit said...

yus abymalcond...that ll not happen say for at least 4 yrs....but after that...me busy with my work and she...naah..th thought s frightening...btw who r u???some ol frd of mine???ur profile doesnt giv ur exact name

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home