Name:
Location: mumbai, India

Friday, April 28, 2006

Cats and Dogs

It’s a story about cats and dogs…

There was this CAT and there was me like a dog chasing it for the last 2 years.

1st try managed to get some cool calls(with utmost modesty, getting calls is not at all difficult for me..as saumya says”100% conversion rate”)..but genuinely, not to my surprise, couldn’t convert even one.i say not to my surprise because at that time I had that feeling that for cracking GD/PI you either have to have excellent communication skills or you need to be a genuine leader having genuinely(meaning…not organizing events in college and crap like that) done something in your college life..both of which I didn’t possess. I tried, though, it was not as if I picked up my hands in the first go only, mugging up the capitals of states(yeah, at one stage I was that bad),CMs of various states.,reading (though, obviously not enjoying) newspapers and that big word, EDITORIALS…and at the end of the day, feeling quite learned to my pleasure..though I didn’t know why but I had that hunch that I ll not make it…

2nd try..again hundred percent conversion rate…but this time I had started my GD/PI preparations right from the word go..but this time it was different..there was saumya who was ready to discuss any social issues…I was pleased to tell her that I had the facts ready..but when I started discussing the topic with her,I knew I was lacking something…that something was perspective.my initial 2-3 discussions with her were quite a failure…with she saying that I get intimidated easily…that went into my head..n then after reading editorials from umpteen newspapers(yus!!believe me I used to read the editorials of at least 7-8 papers daily) I started mulling over wat I read…taking a neutral stand n discussing all the possible pro n cons of the topic…

And then the results started pouring..after IIFT n FMS debacle, I was very very afraid…what went wrong I couldn’t figure out. I felt strange. At one point, I felt like crying, at other point ,for no obvious reason, going n hitting my boss(seriously!!!not kidding)…then I thought, this was my most serious attempt..something will come..n it (or rather, they) came as NITIE n SJMSOM(IITD was just a backup plan).

When mufeed said after my result “how ll u work there, teri to yahaan kaam karne kee aadat hee chhot gayi hai”..i didn’t say anything but I wanted to yell”man,there were days when I havnt taken bath for 4 days in this humid climate of mumbai just to save time for my CAT studies, my social life was almost zero then, no movies, no hanging around, less(well..cant say no here) booze” ….
And today when my mom asks me everytime I call her up “beta job kyun quit kar rahe ho, MBA ke baad job lag jaaayegee naa”..i feel like hugging her.

3 Comments:

Blogger X said...

niceblog!!
welcome 2 da club!!

2:55 AM  
Blogger Rachit said...

thank u...

3:07 AM  
Blogger Revolt said...

ha ha ha....so us kipped bath to make time t study,tat seems to be a cinema dialogue....anyway u can work hard man..no doubt abt it...so all the best..

3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home